It takes just a little planning and creativity to turn it into the place of your dreams. Here are some original ideas that you can apply to a small garden space:
- Dining furniture – one of the best ways to spend your summer evening is to have dinner in the garden with your family or friends. You just have to choose the appropriate dining furniture. Do not buy large items that take a lot of space. You need furniture that can make the atmosphere more comfortable and intimate. Dinners in the garden have to become a special event for everyone.
- Bamboo shelter – that is a very original and creative idea for small gardens. A rustic bamboo and metal frame shelter brings a little exotic feeling to the garden too, which is always nice. Also, a shelter guarantees enough shade in the hot summer days and protection when harsh winds occur. Modern and practical, isn’t it?
- Gravel – crushed brick or gravel is a wise paving option that can certainly improve the outlook of your garden. It is easy to maintain and much cheaper than bricks or flagstones. However, you should spread a layer of landscape fabric underneath the gravel. That way you will save your garden from any weeds.
- Walkway – another element that can refresh the garden. It is better to have a curved walkway because it gives guests the feeling of walking through a larger landscape. You only need to be sure that the walkway is wide enough for two people to walk side by side. Otherwise it may be a little uncomfortable.
- Pond – why not make a pond in your backyard? You do not need a lot of space to do that. In fact, the process is not very complicated either. What do you have to do? Well, just dig out the chosen area, add a pond liner and a pump, and you are ready to go. The biggest advantage of the pond is that it brings wildlife in your garden. Some tiny birds and colourful butterflies will surely make the atmosphere more pleasant and enjoying.